Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

JUST RECIEVED NBN BOX AND TELSTRA MODEM

Answered

Hi Everyone I have connected NBN box and have tried 3 times now to get box to connect.

I have tried another wall socket/waited 3 lots of 20 mins to see if it will work. Pressed the reset button and also turned box off for approximately 20 seconds. All done aver a period of time. 

The power light is a solid blue. The connection light and DSL light flicker blue but do not become solid. The phone wall socket is an older style. I have a cordless phone NBN ready Flip Phone Mobile and a  PC with  a Telstra Gateway modem. If it is decided I need some sort of adapter for the old style phone socket what do I actually ask for. I cant see anything after searches on Google what they look like. Would I just go to say Office works or Harvey Norman. Have tried to contact Telstra but keep being told a link has been sent to me which never arrives. I live in Melbourne. Thanks for any advice. Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: JUST RECIEVED NBN BOX AND TELSTRA MODEM

The adapters for the old style sockets are these https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/jackson-modular-telephone-adaptor-plug-jat4980

I assume you are on an FTTC connection? Has the NBN Co technician been to switch over your cabling in the street?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The adapters for the old style sockets are these https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/jackson-modular-telephone-adaptor-plug-jat4980

I assume you are on an FTTC connection? Has the NBN Co technician been to switch over your cabling in the street?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter. I believe that is all done. I had a look at the adapter and it appears to be the same as the one that came with my cordless phone earlier this year except it's black. I can go and buy the one you have shown me to be on the safe side. Your right we are FTTC. I will give the equipment one more try tomorrow as I have hit my frustrated limit for today.!!! There must be a help line phone number for Telstra/NBN that enables me to get past the automated service. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Have had this as an going issue for three months now  including 5 tech visits. In one visit the line guy cut us off the NBN lines and put it back to a PSTN link. Back to the start again. The problem in my case  is that Telstra is not provisioning the nbn switchover in their back office.  They need to manually push the SIP but support doesn't get that need through to them.

Highlighted

Hi miner100 Thank you for your information I will keep that in mind down the track as things hopefully progress!! Cheers

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit