Manda83
Level 1: Cadet

Lag :(

Hey,

I called last week ie an issue with ridiculous lag whilst gaming....I had never had this problem before. A friend suggested that perhaps my provider had downgraded my bandwidth....I called and the problem was resolved ..( problem being my son had given my wifi password to half the street) so all was resolved I reset modem and ip ect ect...now with all that ...was good for about a week...then tonight BAM disgusting latency....I checked connected devices ect ect nothing new.....So have u guys downgraded my net speed or something....i'm getting pretty frustrated and am thinking of changing my service provider.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Lag :(

Hi Manda83,

What sort of speeds are you getting overall at the moment? Is it possible your service has been slowed due to exceeding your data allowance?

In any case I'll ensure that our tech team has a look into this for you tomorrow.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Lag :(

Hi Manda83,

If you are on an ADSL service, then I would suggest disabling the WiFi on the modem (by pressing the ECO button on BigPond Technicolor modems) and comparing the results. 

We only slow customers services if they have exceeded their monthly usage or due to late payment. You can confirm if either of these is the case by logging into https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do. In some cases customers will be redirected to My Account, if that happens then select Account Services then My BigPond from the menu located at the top right of the page.

If the gaming console or computer that you have is connected via WiFi then you might also like to check for causes of interference as described here: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/WiFi-Troubleshooting/ta-p/107516   

Let me know if you need any other general troubleshooting, but if you are needing account specific information then please contact Tech Support on 133 933 or Live Chat https://livechat.telstra.com/

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit