Nutmp
Level 1: Cadet

Landline ported to TPG when switching to their NBN. Still being billed by Telstra for Broadband.

Landline ported over to TPG when switching to their NBN. Still being billed by Telstra for Bigpond Broadband. Why doesn't Telstra cancel my broadband? I sent a message via the telstra app and still no action. I called and spoke at length to a guy (was provided with a case number) and was told I would receive a final account bill (refund?). Sounded like I got it all sorted. No. I get another bill????? Telstra please contact me so this can be resolved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Landline ported to TPG when switching to their NBN. Still being billed by Telstra for Broadband.

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or billing systems so you won't be contacted as a result of your post here.

As part of the porting process, TPG should have notified Telstra, the services get ported and then cancelled on Telstra's end (unless you signed up for an NBN service with TPG and your Telstra service was an ADSL service - in which case you would need to cancel the ADSL service yourself).

You might need to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints if the frontline consultants haven't managed to sort it out correctly.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Landline ported to TPG when switching to their NBN. Still being billed by Telstra for Broadband.

Hey Nutmp,

I recommend getting in touch via Facebook or Twitter to look into this further for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit