Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Lead-in Cable

i have been trying to get NBN installed since november, i need a lead-in cable installed but nobody can tell me how to actually get someone to come and do it. It changes from telstra job to NBN's to mine then back to telstra's.

I've called independent contractors and they said they cant do anything without telstra telling them to!

Can someone please explain the process and with departments i need to deal with!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Lead-in Cable

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

In responce to the lead in question, may I ask what suburb you are in?

The instalation of NBN technology is the responsibility of the NBN (and its contractors)

Telstra as the ISP is responsible for raising the request for work to be carried out to the NBN then a tech will be sent out.

This scenario if I am not mistaken which is linked above seems to be more in relation to Cable (HFC) and ADSL/PSTN services.

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

@aaronpowell, assuming you have a conduit installed from your premises to the street (or it is an aerial connection from a pole), then the process is that you place an order for a new service with Telstra. In an NBN area, Telstra places the order with NBN Co and they arrange with their subcontractors to get the cable installed (not the easiest thing to get done in some areas). In a Telstra (non-NBN) area, you would still place the order with Tesltra and they would arrange the install with their crew or subcontractor, depending ont he area.

If you don't have a conduit in place, then you need to organise this first (most electricians can do this).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

yes i am in a nbn area telstra have processed 8-10 orders for this service. A conduit is already in place from the pit to the house.

A request was sent to nbn for them to carry out the lead-in which was quickly denied

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Sorry for the Edit - I didn't see the other replies. 

Are you able to advise why NBN we quick to shut it down?

I could only assume more work needs to be carried out before a termination box can be installed or work carried out from the node to the property. 

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra.
Highlighted

Congratulations, you have been placed in the too hard basket by NBN Co. By default, you will be waiting until all other NBN related works in your area are completed before they will accept the order.

Your next step is a complaint to the TIO. tio.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit