ernieB
Level 3: Gumshoe

Local CMUX ports full....options to swap to Telstra

Answered

Hi All,

My current internet is with another provider as ADSL 1 and I want to swap over to Telstra to get ADSL 2 and the extra benifits of a bundle service. I KNOW for a fact the local CMUX is totally full. As I already have a port on it via my current provider, does this transfer to Telstra if I start an application or do I run the risk of loosing it totally ? Cheers, Ernie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Local CMUX ports full....options to swap to Telstra

Hi again ernieB,

No worries at all Ernie and thanks for providing more information on your current broadband service.

If you are already on an ADSL2+ port then you'd certainly retain your port and make sure you opt-in for 'Rapid Transfer' when you apply to transfer your services to Telstra.

Our FAQ: Transferring your ADSL service from another ISP to BigPond will give you more information on how this is done.

Please keep us updated on how you are going with this ernieB, thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello ernieB,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport 🙂 Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

Thanks for our post regarding transferring your ADSL service to Telstra.

Transferring from ADSL1 to ADSL2_ port will require your line to be transferred over to an ADSL2+ port so as long as an ADSL2+ port is available, then it will be fine.

You can always just put through your bundle application now either online or through our 24/7 Online Live Chat Team and there are no charges involved if application is cancelled due to no port availability.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ernieB

Thanks for your reply Joe.

I am already on a TOPHAT upgrade and the port I'm on is an ADSL 2+ port, it's been shaped down to ADSL 1 by my current provider as this was the only option when I first signed up Nov 2011.

My question was ->  Given I already have a port on the CMUX, if I transfer to Telstra - will I retain the same port as i know there are NO other ports free on the CMUX ? 

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi again ernieB,

No worries at all Ernie and thanks for providing more information on your current broadband service.

If you are already on an ADSL2+ port then you'd certainly retain your port and make sure you opt-in for 'Rapid Transfer' when you apply to transfer your services to Telstra.

Our FAQ: Transferring your ADSL service from another ISP to BigPond will give you more information on how this is done.

Please keep us updated on how you are going with this ernieB, thanks.

View solution in original post

ernieB

Additional comments :-

When I went to transfer the service, I firstly had to transfer the line to telstra as a consumer line, then this had to be converted to a business line, but given the my existing account was a 2000 series, this was a problem.

At the end of the day, it was better to created a legacy account first and then create a new service to the home to which the ADSL could be added - the system told him that ports were available - to our surprise. Once the new line is connected this Tuesday coming, the ADSL allocation will start - up to 10 day process to get it up and running. THEN I can turn off my old provider and switch to the Telstra service  - disconnection my old number and adsl with the other provider.

Not such a simple transfer of a service. - And i only spent 2 hours on the phone to get this organised.

Cheers,

Ernie

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi again ernieB,

Thanks for the update and I can understand the complexities encountered when transferring your services to Telstra.

It sounds like you're transferring business services which can indeed take some time to organise as you've described above as this is totally different process compared to Consumer/Personal services.

I'm just glad to hear that it's in progress now for you and please do keep us updated if and when you're connected with Telstra so we can pass on feedback to any stake holders as necessary to make this process a lot simpler. Thank you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit