CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Losing nbn connection

Answered

Have had nbn connection for 6 months and never had a problem until a few weeks ago when we had an outage and modem did not switch back from the mobile network after a couple of days. I called Telstra and they were not able to sort it out over phone and a technician had to come out.  Apparently the whole street was out but I assumed the problem was fixed as it did go back to the nbn but very slow for a few days. However, for the last week every night the nbn drops out and goes to the mobile network and the green wan/dsl light starts flashing.  Some nights it goes back to the nbn within 15 mins and other nights it’s back on by the morning. But even when it goes back to the nbn it has been very slow around 9mbs download when prior to all these problems I was getting in the 30’s mbs.  I check every night if there is an outage in my area but there hasn’t been except for the first time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Losing nbn connection

There could be a cable fault causing the low speeds and the loss of internet. 9 Mbps is below the guaranteed minimum speed for a NBN connection. Suggest you contact support and lodge a fault.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Losing nbn connection

There could be a cable fault causing the low speeds and the loss of internet. 9 Mbps is below the guaranteed minimum speed for a NBN connection. Suggest you contact support and lodge a fault.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit