Level 3: Gumshoe

Lost Caller ID after NBN modem upgrade

Answered

Following Telstra's offer of a free NBN modem upgrade to a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, I have successfully installed the modem except for one issue, our Uniden DECT 2145 phone has stopped displaying Caller ID information for incoming calls.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Lost Caller ID after NBN modem upgrade

There are two versions of the Gen 2 modem. One made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other by Technicolor (DJA0231). The Technicolor with early versions of the firmware don't display the Caller ID due to a firmware fault. The latest firmware is 18.1.c.0547-950-RA. You can check firmware on the left hand side of the modem's login page (http://192.168.0.1).

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Accepted Solution

There are two versions of the Gen 2 modem. One made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other by Technicolor (DJA0231). The Technicolor with early versions of the firmware don't display the Caller ID due to a firmware fault. The latest firmware is 18.1.c.0547-950-RA. You can check firmware on the left hand side of the modem's login page (http://192.168.0.1).

View solution in original post

Thanks, cf4. My Technicolor modem has firmware version 18.1.c.0543-950-RA, which as you suggest, appears to be an earlier version.  How do I update the firmware?

Level 2: Rookie

I had same problem when i got new modem . The settings had to be reset by Telstra support from their end . I had t do the same on previous modem .

I had the same problem and thought I had found the solution on this page however I am up to Telstra consultant number 6 and they do not seem interested in reading this page.  They keep getting asked the same dumb questions and the first thing they want to do is reset the modem.

Yes i know what you mean. I went through as many consultants myself for a different problem . It is just going around in circles . I had reset my modem at least 4 times and they say problem fixed . next day same thing and have to go through the same procedure . The app link they send you to is absolutely useless . Telstra don't seem to care about customer support .

Hi  I have the new smart modem Arcadyan LH1000, the caller id is not working, as per the other user, I have used mytelstra to raise the issue  a couple of days back, don't seems to have worked yet. nything that we can setup in the modem that would make it work?

thanks

There are no settings in modem to fix this. I had the same problem and contacted Telstra support today, it took almost three hours but eventually the problem was fixed. Just tell them incoming caller ID is not working. To check if it might be the phone causing problem have you checked if the incoming phone numbers are appearing in the modem's call log? (Go to Advanced > Telephony > Call log)

@illWillJ

I made a mistake in my original post. The latest firmware is 18.1.c.0543-950-RA. If you are still having a problem with caller ID an the modem has the latest firmware then it is due to the programing on the connection. Sorry for the any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for clarifying the firmware number. I have the latest firmware.  I have checked the modem settings and it is definitely not the phone.  I have used the myTelstra app to contact Telstra and am now up to 8 days and it is still not resolved.  Three hours was a quick response.

Thanks for the follow-up, cf4. I sought Telstra support for this via online chat. Telstra eventually advised that the problem would be fixed within 24 hours. A week later, with no apparent progress on the issue, I escalated this to a Telstra complaint online. I'm still waiting for even an acknowledgement of my complaint. As suggested by you, I checked my modem call log and confirmed that all incoming call numbers are listed as 'Unavailable'. I will post info on any further progress.

I am in the same situation, got in touch with support, they have said that it's fixed and give 24 hours to work, but I need to restart  the modem. Let see how it goes tomorrow, not holding my breath though.

I have been told the same thing every time.  Now 6 or 7 consultants and 9 days later I am still no further and am currently waiting for a response to my latest contact with them.

Caller ID has finally been restored.  I was told 24 hours but it was more like 36 hours but it is back so don't give up hope.

Thanks for your encouraging response, JillWill. Enjoy your information boost!

Last night, a week after lodging an online complaint with Telstra, I received a call from Telstra offering to restore my incoming Caller ID within 24 hours. I pointed out that this had previously been offered by Telstra 2 weeks ago with no action evident.  I was told that Telstra had created a service request for me on that occasion but failed to actually submit it for action. This time, my Caller ID has actually been restored overnight (and without needing to re-boot my modem). Hooray!  Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

I still don't have any success, they are driving me insane.  I have another issue as well, my connection drop out and NBN is at the moment 11Mbs, I am on NBN50.

Level 1: Cadet

In response to givenup2

Been there, and it does your head in! Lost Caller ID after I changed to NBN. After many phone calls and failed reboots as requested, finally got it back. They also made my phone number private and no one answered my phone calls. Does not have to be this hard!

I have given up on the caller id, it looks the people on Support have no idea. The last time when I spoke to them, they told me to check up with the NBN technician who was coming to check my line!

I am trying to sort out my NBN connection first, once it's done I will take this up again. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit