Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

M35H Smart Wifi Booster

I have finally got around to trying to set up my 4 M35H boosters.  These come in pairs and I have successfully set up the first pair but I can't find anywhere and instructions on adding the next pair.  Each pair comes with a separate wifi SSID and it seems to add that this the name somehow must be changed to be the name as the first pair (else of course the "main" booster plugged into the modem) doesn't recognise it.  Any help much appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: M35H Smart Wifi Booster

Have you tried factory resetting the second pair of boosters, waiting for status light to turn red then pairing them one at a time with the main booster by pressing WPS button on the main and satellite booster.

Highlighted

I know this post is from a while ago but I have just tried to add 2 more of the disc boosters to my network and have been unable to get then connected. Your issue sounds the same. Did you have any luck solving your issue

Highlighted

Bot yet Fred - do you know where the instructions on adding new boosters can be found - I cant find.

Highlighted

Hi

Thx for you response.  I did as you suggested ie - reset new booster to factory settings. wated for it to power up and red light come on.  Then pressed WPS button on both the main booster and the new one.  Both flashed in blue for a while.  Main booster eventually went solid and new booster went back to red....

Highlighted

Is your modem a Gen 2 smart modem?

Highlighted

a V7610 gateway pro

Highlighted

You could try changing the WiFi SSID and password of second pair of boosters to match that of the first pair of boosters. To do this connect to one of the second boosters, open a Web browser and go to http://telstra.wifi password is Telstra. Go to the WiFi section of the settings tab. Change the Network name and Security key to match that of the first pair of boosters and save settings.

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi - If you have the M35H-MAP Disc Models that were sold as twin packs, are you using the Home Dashboard App to install them per the Quick Start Guide in case that provides any additional guidance for the last pair of Boosters. On the Quick Start Guide it seems it is an auto configuration after power up and states in the final stage you can change (I assume also Disable) the modem's Wi-Fi SSIDs, as the first Disc takes over the role of the controller; the first Disc and successive Discs can then use the modem's previous SSID so as not to require re-programming of all wireless devices.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/smarthome/pdf/14481_WifiExtender_QSG_4pp_Double...

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/set-up/smart-wi-fi-booster

Highlighted

Thanks. I was able to disconnect my current discs and start from scratch and got it to work.

Highlighted

Good news. Thanks for your feedback.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit