FredScott
Level 2: Rookie

Mail from my Bigpond account is ending up in some Gmail accounts spam folder

I have recently started sending emails for a club I am a member of. I send BCC to 110 users. My emails to some members with Gmail addresses ends up in their Spam folder. Any idea why this is happening and suggestions for a solution?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Mail from my Bigpond account is ending up in some Gmail accounts spam folder

Hi FredScott, 

It's possible that your email has been blacklisted, you can learn more about that & what to do from her on the following thread https://tel.st/tj5xz8

Let me know how you get on.

Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FredScott

Re: Mail from my Bigpond account is ending up in some Gmail accounts spam folder

I went to https://tel.st/d48r6h

I followed some of the suggestions. As far as I can tell I am not on any Spam list.

My emails ending up in the spam folder of Gmail users only occurs with some users not all.

If Gmail has flagged my email address as spam, wouldn't that effect any Gmail user I send mail to?

Does sending BCC to 110 users get flagged as spam simply by the number of messages in a very small time frame? Should I break up the messsage into groups of 10 for example. Should I look at using something like MailChimp to send the emails?

I did work in IT before I retired 10 years ago and am getting a bit rusty on all this stuff!

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

It is quite true that if you send a large number of emails at once it can get flagged as spam. 

That has been discussed before on the forum here https://tel.st/dqt8du

A third-party mail client is likely the way around that.

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FredScott

I looked at the post you quoted in the link (joeymac October 2016 #613489) joeymac has the same problem I have.

Is this info still accurate?

"It's a limit Telstra have set through their mail server to prevent spam/overloading the system. If you're using the online BigPond portal to access your emails, there is a limit of 10-15 recipients.

On the other hand, If you setup your BigPond email account in Microsoft Outlook, the maximum recipient limit is 500."

I am using Outlook365 as my email client.

So, to send more than 100 messages I am better off using something like MailChimp. Is that an accurate assessment of the situation?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit