tazz81
Level 1: Cadet

Major latency issues and very poor technical support!

So I just got off the phone with technical support after a very frustrating 30mins trying to explain what latency was and how it was affecting my service to be told that there was no problems showing on their end and it must be me.

No trace routes or any attemt to identify if the connection issues were exchange related. We have 2 pc's both running windows 7 all upto date and have latency packet loss connection issues with WOW, MW3 & Crysis servers. We have unplugged all other phone line tried 2 routers and multiple connections. It's only been happening for 2 days and it's worse at night than during the day.

Would love some support from a competent tech if this can be done through here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Major latency issues and very poor technical support!

So I just got off the phone with technical support after a very frustrating 30mins trying to explain what latency was…

Reduction of network latency is outside of the scope of BigPond Technical Support, especially in view of BigPond broadband services not being marketed or offered with any promise or technical specifications with regard to network latency in real-world applications.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
tazz81
Level 1: Cadet

Thats a fantastic and pointless reply.

I have a service which normaly performs quite well and at the moment it has a problem, why would it not be in the scope of technical support to identify the fault and rectify it?

Simply looking for telstra to attempt to isolate the reason for packet loss, conection dropouts & high latency.

Don't bother replying if your not giving a solution, cheers.

Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

I have a service which normaly performs quite well and at the moment it has a problem, why would it not be in the scope of technical support to identify the fault and rectify it?

A drop in performance from the level to which you're accustomed is not considered a fault, no matter how you personally feel about it as the user of the service, that's why.

Simply looking for telstra to attempt to isolate the reason for packet loss, conection dropouts & high latency.

If you want help from Telstra, then focus on the connection drop-outs (especially if it affects your web browsing or single-threaded file transfers), and don't even mention network latency, because BigPond Technical Support is not going to care about your gaming experience.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
OpenEnd
Level 4: Private Eye

Your problem more than likley is caused by congestion. You will only get useless replys or we dont understand from tech support.

Get them to admit congestion at the exchange, they will then let you out of your contract for no fee. Check to see if Internode or TPG have their own hardware in your suburb, if they do churn to either one, the preference going to internode.

JamieOliver88
Level 4: Private Eye

Taz,

Just an FYI Drat is here to help you there is no reason to be rude. If the issue is outside of Bigpond's scope there not much you can really do about that right. This isn't a place where you'll get your problem fixed no questions asked. We throw ideas round that could help you find the root cause and a possiable solution. You don't really help by being rude we are only here to help if you don't want help don't post things Smiley Very Happy

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@OpenEnd wrote:

Your problem more than likley is caused by congestion. You will only get useless replys or we dont understand from tech support.

Get them to admit congestion at the exchange, they will then let you out of your contract for no fee. Check to see if Internode or TPG have their own hardware in your suburb, if they do churn to either one, the preference going to internode.

Again, Crystal ball mate? Smiley Sad

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit