No_5G
Level 2: Rookie

Manual Updates to Telstra 5g Home Internet ESQ

Can someone at Telstra PLEASE give me an answer, because even after raising a complaint and escalating to the TIO, after 2 months I have STILL not been able to speak to anyone that can provide me with an answer other than, "too bad, so sad" 

I'm trying to find the team responsible for the ESQ of the Telstra 5g Home Internet, to have my address added, or request a mobile network version of a Commercial Quote request. 

It's clear that this can be manually updated and adjusted as I have multiple examples of singlular dwellings that show the service available, yet dwellings directly either side come back as unavailable. 

Unless Telstra's 5g is a magical unicorn network that can bounce over houses and pick and choose where it works and doesn't, or these random dwellings that are eligible have paid Telstra to install a micro 5G tower in their backyard that only covers their house, then this ESQ is able to be manipulated to allow access on a house by house basis. 

The irony of this whole situation is that connecting me to this service is more economical and profitable option for Telstra (who I know loves profits) but yet no one seems to want to help to actually make this a reality. 

The only reason I'm even in this situation is because I'm forced out of my 13 year old cable plan that has far superior speeds and service than the NBN and refuse to pay more for a substandard service, when the ideal solution is right there and available... bar for a small update to one internal back end system.

Someone somewhere has to have half an idea and some common sense to be able to look further into this for me.... I NEED to speak with this person. 

Thank you 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Manual Updates to Telstra 5g Home Internet ESQ

What happens when you check your address on the 5G Home Internet webpage ?.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

The "random dwellings" may be premises where an NBN connection is not available, which can happen during the rollout as the number of available connections in the area on the old HFC did not provide 100% coverage in many areas (especially if blocks of land were subdivided after the rollout), or they have an NBN connection with Telstra and it does not meet the minimum connectivity requirements (25/5Mbps).

Having to pay more to get the same speeds on NBN compared to Telstra Cable is not a criteria for making a premises eligible for 5G Home Internet as that extra cost imposition has been the case since the NBN rollout commenced.

There is no provision to get premises added to the 5G Home Internet availability list.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
No_5G

I don't believe this to be the case with regards to the one off premises, as one of these is the address next a friend who has a Telstra NBN connection, and these premised ALL have NBN connected as they were new dwellings built during the roll out, so have always had connection. 

There are always provisions for having addresses checked and reconfirmed for a service. My cable service is proof of this, as from all initial front facing serviceability checks my address said no, but a commercial quote request and investigation proved there was indeed access, but the system was out of date. While this is clearly a different service, a process to have my eligibility and serviceability confirmed would be available, but no one seems to know how to think outside the small little box on their screen that says no, or given the freedom and training to be able to think for themselves. 

I'm actually trying to actively save Telstra the hassle of connecting me to a service I don't want and then cancelling it and wasting a modem and other equipment when they do decide to make 5G Home available and actually provide them with a more profitable connection but no-one seems to care that its mutually beneficial for everyone. 

If anyone from Telstra is reading this, it would be great if you can do some thinking for yourself and find me a department that can assist, and that aside from the actual concern itself, 2 months after raising a complaint around this I'm still yet to speak to a single person regarding the matter. 

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Do you have that complaint reference number there? I'd like to take a look if I can.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser

You have possibly missed my question.

Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Just checking in to see if you had your complaint reference handy? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No_5G

No_5G

No I didn't, it just seemed redundant as clearly its says it's not available, which is what I'm disputing 

Dowser

It’s a mystery how you can you be sure that Telstra 5G Home Internet is not available when you have not checked its availability on the webpage.

No_5G

I assume that looking into this was an empty promise or too hard for you to handle and I've STILL not had a single response from anyone at Telstra after more than 2 months of this complaint being raised. Another case of over-promise and not even attempting to deliver.  

In this whole entire time, I have spoken to ONE person regarding this complaint who was incorrectly assigned the case and while wanting to help, had no ability to as they were from the wrong department entirely. 

Part of me isn't even surprised at the level of incompetence amongst specific agents as I know for the most part they're given little training and a small finite level of being able to think and act for themselves, but I'm dumbfounded at the fact that despite this being raised and escalated with the TIO that I can't even get the courtesy of any form of contact, or the consideration that maybe this matter needs to be assigned to a team more capable of actual investigations. 

Jupiter

The TIO most likely cannot do anything to help you as, from the TIO website->

But we can’t help with:

• what services a provider does or doesn’t offer

Telstra doesn't have to make the service available to you and the TIO cannot do anything about that either.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit