Jemfields1
Level 2: Rookie

Medical SIP Video Service has problems on Telstra NBN

..SIP

I have a Medical Video service which provides a video connection to the medical centre for daily medical consulting . It is using a SIP video on the Polycom VVX 1500 and  has been working perfectly on the Telstra / Foxtel cable service. It has recently been changed to NBN at my end - so still HFC but now not the standard Telstra service but the NBN Telstra service ...

Since the connection was change the  medical video consultation  call has been lossing data  on voice and the video does not stream properly ...

We have three lines to three different medical SIP Servers which are hosted on different equipment on different ISP

All of them have large data loss and video that continuously stalls - and have never had problems before...

We moved to a SIP server hosted at Telstra - still have a problem

If I go next door to their internet which is NOT NBN it all works ... Telstra by the way !..

If I use a 4G connection ... all works .. no data loss, audio perfect ...

If we connect using a VPN over the Telstra NBN - all works again ...

If we turn off the VPN and move to another port other than 5060 for SIP - it worked for a few hours and then the problem started again ...

- There is a problem with a Telstra ALG / SBC which cant take SIP video and is see the service ... This is not in the local router as that has been removed and we are just using the original router ...

How do we fix this so we dont have to move to VPN for all the clients as they move over to NBN..

thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Medical SIP Video Service has problems on Telstra NBN

Hi Jemfields1,

Have you reported this issue to our Technical Team for further investigation? If so, what has been advised?

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AusRM
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Trry accessing your account and turning off Telstra Broadband Protect.

There are some reports of that causing some issues

J-Man
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Jemfields1

As mentioned above by AusRM, give it a go and let us know the outcome.

- Justyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit