peter40253
Level 1: Cadet

microsoft surface tablet wont connect to wifi

I can't get the surface tablet to connect to my wifi (speedstream 6520) It asks for a user name and password.

With all the other PCs and phones I have connected to the wifi all I have ever had to put in is the 26 character passcode.

The tablet wants a username. I have tried my email address, speedstream6520, admin but nothing works.

Very frustrating waste of a couple of hours. Called the help desk but they couldn't diagnose the problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
the_ph0n3r
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: microsoft surface tablet wont connect to wifi

Hi @peter40253 ,

I haven't experienced that problem before, have you tried the username for your Microsoft account, or no username (blank)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
peter40253

I don't think it has anything to do with the microsoft account and yes have tried leaving it blank but it won't even let me progress without a username

the_ph0n3r
Level 10: Junior Detective

Oh sorry, can you try your SSID (this is the network name) as the username

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Redhead

I am having the same trouble trying to connect a Sony Vaio tablet to a SpeedStream 6520. Spent hours trying various passwords, codes etc. Ended up going to Telstra technical supprt and finally to their platinum support service.

Outcome was that as it is Windows 8 the SpeedStream 6520 is not compatible with its encryption. I have been told i need a new modem.

I am wondering if there is a SpeedStream update that might solve the problem rather than have to buy a new modem?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit