c_mario1
Level 1: Cadet

Migration From ADLS to NBN

I cannot believe the incompetance of Telstra.

I applied to Migrate from my ADSL2 to NBN FTTN about 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday the cutover occurred but I had not recieved my MOdem, so of course I lost my internet connection. No big deal I had a Mobile Router for work so I could use that.

Today I recieved the modem and plugged it in and struggled and struggled to figure out what I had done wrong. I could open the user interface on the modem, the Green light was lit , everything said the connection was correct yet I could browse to no internet sites at all.

After hours of fiddling I attempted to contact Telstra. ANy number I Tired went to an automated respondant and eventually just appoligised and disconnected. Several Hours later I recieved a call from a COnnection Manager. I proceded to tell him I had no internet, after some time on the phone he informs me that I have a voice only Plan and that I didnt select the correct plan when placing the order.

So who would migrate from ADLS2 to NBN without internet. There was no where to select VOice only in the migration page, whats more they need to cancel the first order and I have to create a new one. Even looking at creating a new order there is still no where to select voice only, so how do they claim I did that in the first place. 

Telco's make my blood boil. After speaking with the connection manager I then had the horrible thought that if they cancel the order I would lose my email account that I have had probably for 20 years. I attempted to call back and was on hold for 90 minutes till the call dropped out. 

After the connection manager consulted with his manager (sure) he indicated that if I wait several days till the order is marked as completed I can add internet to the account from a web site somewhere.

I absolutely knew from the debacles we have had at work cutting over to NBN in various state offices that this also would be a disaster.

The incompetence is breath taking, the shear lack of customer support is mind blowing.

Unfortunately I trust any carrier , otherwsie I would take our $100K plus per year business services and give them to someone else.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: Migration From ADLS to NBN

Hi @c_mario1 

For starters I don't work for Telstra.

Second, NBN company is just as much at fault in much of your grievances as Telstra.

Much of what your connection manager told you is true, as annoying as the system might be.

Some helpful information.

Telstra Tech Support 1800 007 391

NBN consumer billing 1800834273 

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/nbn Telstra Internet plans on the NBN.

If you are still not happy with the outcome.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
c_mario1
Level 1: Cadet

Hello,

Thanks for Those numbers but I tried them before and again now and they just go through a phone tree then regretfully inform you that they cannot help with my problem today and it hangs up.

I was waiting 90 Minutes last night after calling 1800834273 so I again reiterate , their service is appalling.

Rohan123

Hi @c_mario1 

Sorry that didn't help,

I can understand the NBN number 1800834273 being busy but not the tech support number I gave, every time I ring, It goes straight through to an Telstra agent.

I just tried the NBN number they are busy, just say no when asked if your calling from a number linked to your account, then ignore the robot lady till she askes if you want sales, if you choose sales I reckon someone will answer fairly quickly Smiley Wink

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit