Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Migration

I have been trying to contact Telstra to get my email sorted out for 2 days.  I have been on hold for 55 minutes yesterday after being transferred 4 times prior to that.  Today no one rang me back as arranged so I rang the number I was given - a direct number - and twice it rang out after 20 minutes each time.  Now I have been on hold for over an hour.  All I want is to be able to get my emails - a box comes up asking for user name and password for pop server but apparently I have been told that it is no longer pop but something else so I need to change.  But I have rang every number for Telstra that I could find and nothing.  If I didnt have so many companys' with my email address I would change it to a gmail address and forget about telstra but at moment cannot do that.  We are trying to run a business but they dont care.  Can anyone please help me????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Migration

Are you using an email client to get your email? Or Webmail. 

If you don't use an email client, then you should think about doing so. What you use as an email client (if you don't do it already) depends on your device/s.

Then add your email account details to that - using the IMAP option and details from the following page..

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

An email client gives you better control of emails and a copy is kept locally on your device so you can manage and back those important emails up in a way that suits you. Many people found out the hard way recently, with the Telstra mail server issues, that relying on a webmail access is a bit risky!

The IMAP method of email account access is newer and in many respects better..  if you want to know more about email clients, POP3 and IMAP in a condensed form you can go here..   https://www.howtogeek.com/99423/email-whats-the-difference-in-pop3-imap-and-exchange/

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit