Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Modem

Answered

How can I change the name and password of my new Telstra modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Modem

depending on the device you will need do to it through its web-gui.

Connect to the device (probably best through a LAN cable) and go to its website, again depending on what type of device you have you will be prompted for the username and password of the modem, enter it in and you'll be able to find it within there. If you have the manual of the modem you'll be able to find all the info in there regarding web addres, username and password of the modem.

I'm also assuming you mean for your WiFi, if so you'll have to head to the WiFi part of the web gui and change it all from there.

im sure there is a telstra link on how to do it all but i personally don't know where they are and im sure someone here will be able to post it soonish.

Goodluck

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

depending on the device you will need do to it through its web-gui.

Connect to the device (probably best through a LAN cable) and go to its website, again depending on what type of device you have you will be prompted for the username and password of the modem, enter it in and you'll be able to find it within there. If you have the manual of the modem you'll be able to find all the info in there regarding web addres, username and password of the modem.

I'm also assuming you mean for your WiFi, if so you'll have to head to the WiFi part of the web gui and change it all from there.

im sure there is a telstra link on how to do it all but i personally don't know where they are and im sure someone here will be able to post it soonish.

Goodluck

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Sweet that was easier than i Thought. 

Thank you

Highlighted

im assuming you meant WiFi but if you want to also change the password from the default for the modem its in there as well.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit