KP1712
Level 1: Cadet

Modem

I am connected to new Telstra dual band modem. It has same SSID name for both 2.4 GHz and 5.0GHz. How can I connect my phone to only 2.4Ghz?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
KP1712
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Modem

Waiting for answer

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

This is CrowdSupport, not Telstra Support..  we are users just like you..  so don't be impatient..

Go into your modem GUI on a browser - address is 192.168.0.1 and username is admin and password is Telstra..

Go to the Advance screen then Wi-Fi..  turn off or disable the Band Steering option..  you should now have two Wi-Fi bands being broadcast. The 5GHz band will be labelled with -5G added on the end. Passwords for both bands remains the same

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Mkrtich

Hi - if you log in to 192.168.0.1 from a web browser , go to Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz screen and Disable the Band Steering and SAVE - your device should now see two broadcast names - TelstraXXXXXX which is the 2.4Ghz and TelstraXXXXXX-5G which is the 5Ghz SSID. If you can't se the 2.4Ghz SSID, try Disable Protected Management Frames (PMF) in the 2.4 Ghz screen and SAVE. If you still can't see the 2.4 Ghz SSID from your device, can any other device see it?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit