Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Move order cancels internet access at current location

So Telstra cancel my internet access on Xmas eve (but leave phone connected) and after call to faults tell me the move order has removed the internet codes and trying to put them at new location's order.

Faults tell me sales have to cancel order sales say faults can fix and around and around and around and around we go !

Then Xmas day comes lots of new laptops, ipads and computers and no internet to do all the updates needed other than using our hot-spots which Telstra wont cover if we go over

Then they tell me cant withdraw order or miss connection at new house and I have to go to a Telstra shop and purchase a $99 dongle at my cost and of course we will credit it back !

This is a very very condensed version of what took  place and then to top it off when I ask for an email for the complaints area the complaints person could not give me one or transfer me to the complaints area that takes written complaints

Another little mans letter of to the Ombudsman to add to their growing list !

A 30 year plus Telstra customer is on the way to another carrier and dreading whats going to happen at the new address.

How does a system remove codes before the date you want it done and there is no way to resolve it grrrrrrr

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Move order cancels internet access at current location

Hi, This is certainly not an experience we want you to have ever. I do apologise that the disconnection was applied earlier than requested and you have not been able to receive an acceptable explanation as to why. May I ask if you have been offered any form of ref # that would relate to this and we can access this to have it escalated further on your behalf.

In relation to the purchase of a wifi device as an interim connection, were you also provided reference for this offer to cover any out of pocket expense? Any ref # would begin with SR 1-1

You are certainly able to lodge a Formal Complaint by going to  https://tel.st/nd75c once this is received, you shall be appointed a Case Manager who can investigate this entire situation and then look at the appropriate action needed. It shall take approximately 3-4 Business Days for them to investigate and then make contact with you.

I would like to once again apologise for this and assure you we shall make sure all possible is done to rectify this matter asap.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

As I final resort I went in to our local Telstra store and explained the situation and no disrespect but as they were local they understood the situation and we spent hours sorting this out and finally getting the orders cancelled and I now have my internet back and working but I am not looking forward to raising cancellation orders and install orders at the new property. If I do stay with telstra it is thanks to the local store who were tremendous.

The original fault for this was 169600339 and the only thing now I would like to know is how your system removes current internet codes from one line and tries to move them to another before a due date Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

It sounds like something went awry with your original order but I'm glad to hear that's been resolved at least for the time being. If you have any further trouble with this though I'd recommend using that Complaint webform so we can assign a case manager to your issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit