pewdekz
Level 1: Cadet

Moved house

Hello, a question.

I have moved house and requested a transfer of account. I have received a new Gen 2 modem and I have plugged it in.

What I don’t understand is that the previous residences had NBN internet, however I have been advised that I need a technician to install my service. Shouldn’t I just plug my new modem in and it should work??

Thanks appreciate any answer 😜

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Moved house

You shouldn't need a technician visit but your NBN will to be programmed befor you will be able to use it.

pewdekz
Level 1: Cadet

Yeah that’s what I thought but Telstra are insisting I wait until 9/1/21 for a technician........🤬

Anyone have a tip to get it done quicker???

Thanks heaps.

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

With the Smart Modem 2 you will be able to connect using the 4G backup service (if it is provisioned) until the nbn internet service becomes active..  just plug it in and power it on - if there is no NBN after a few minutes the backup (blue indicator) will kick in - it won't be as fast as your nbn service but you should get internet and email and maybe even stream one service..  you can connect other devices as well. Once nbn is active the modem will switch to (green indicator)..

You may need to make some changes to wifi settings to use 4G, but nothing major - try it, see how you go and come back with more questions if you need to..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit