Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Moving from existing nbn supplier to Telstra

While I am a home nbn Telstra customer, I am trying to contact Telstra to discuss/arrange the move from an existing nbn provider to Telstra on behalf of the local, regional Historical Society I am a member of.  It seems impossible.  I went to the local Telstra Store and they gave me a phone number.  The young woman I spoke to also didn't know what ISP stood for.  Worrying.  As anyone who has tried to phone Telstra lately, calls are not being taken.

How do I contact Telstra to arrange this move?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Moving from existing nbn supplier to Telstra

Your local store should have been able to arrange it for you. In fact, that's the best place to do it at the moment.

If you are the authorised person on the existing service, then all you need to do is to place the order (a signed document from the committee is usually handy to act as proof that you have authorisation to act on their behalf) for an NBN service with Telstra and to specify that it is a port from another RSP (ISPs are now called RSPs in the world of NBN).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Moving from existing nbn supplier to Telstra

Thanks Jupiter, we'll try the local store again!  Thanks for the update re ISP/RSP.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit