Umbi
Level 1: Cadet

Moving Home: Telstra can't find my moving address.

I am moving home and it is nbn ready.

I've been trying to look for my moving home address but just cannot find my exact address online. 

"to help us find the right information for you, tell us where you're moving to"

And on the search bar, the exact address with the unit number, would just not let me proceed with the online moving booking.

This happened to anyone else?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Moving Home: Telstra can't find my moving address.

Check on the nbnco.com.au site and see if it comes up there. If not, just type the street address without the unit number and see what comes up. It may be that the units have not been registered in the NBN Co database properly and if so, you will need to ask Telstra to get NBN Co to update their database before the move order can be processed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Umbi

Hi, thanks for the response.

I am moving in to an apartment where previous tenant lived there for 2 years so it should be nbn as the agent said that it was.

The thing is that the exact address that I am moving to would not offer me any internet connection services for option

(ADSL, CABLE or NBN)

I've tried just putting in the street number and name but that does not work also.

I've even tried calling Telsrta but they are just not available and I am a bit lost at this point.

Jupiter

What did the nbnco.com.au site say? If it can't find the address, type in the suburb, then zoom in on the map to the property and drag the pin onto the property and see what it comes up with as far as addresses go.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Umbi

nbnco says it is nbn and I have tried the address on tpg and it says it is nbn too.

I simply cannot find the address on Tlestra search bar for moving house.

I am simply now considering of cancelling my current telstra account and join other as I just cannot do it and no one seems to help me on the phone due to COVID.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit