Dove1
Level 1: Cadet

Moving House Order Stuck Provisioning

Put move order in to move house 2 weeks before moving. Once we were in the new place internet was not working. The person I was in contact with was not helpful eventually went directly to the Telstra store to get some help who put in a complaint for me. Only heard from the department after 3 days and after 3 days their only suggestion is to plug a landline into the modem to get the order to go through. I don't want a landline only internet. I've plugged the phone in and have been told to wait another 2 days to see if the order will go through. If this doesn't fix it I will get passed onto another person. I need a solution to this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Moving House Order Stuck Provisioning

Do you have a Telstra Smart Modem?.

If so, contact Telstra Support and request that they enable 4G backup connectivity so that you can use the internet until the NBN connection works.

Dove1
Level 1: Cadet

After 6 weeks of trying to get the internet connected and being met with excuses and being told to wait I decided to leave Telstra. The provider I moved to got my internet connected straight away.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

When they said plug the landline into the modem, that had nothing to do with a phone service.

They meant plug the modem into the socket in the wall (ie "the landline"), not a phone,  as that can trigger a signal on the system that you are ready to activate/migrate.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit