Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Moving house

Answered

Hoping someone would be able to kindly assist here.

I moved houses 4 weeks ago and immediately signed up for the "moving house internet". Received a tracking number starting with NA. Untrackable when I checked several times.

I've spoken to someone on the phone on the store number a couple of times and her response is always to come into the store (when I am self-isolating) for verification reasons  - which I find strange since I've ordered on the phone and online in the past by verifying on them both. She also told me to call the 13 number, but I keep getting hung up.

I actually would just like to cancel the moving order and just close the internet service at the old house as I am still paying for it. Then just create a new one for this current address.

Any suggestions how to do this all from home?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving house

If you haven't ordered anything since the new Credit Checking Rules came into play, then they would need to sight your identification.

You can get in contact using the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you haven't ordered anything since the new Credit Checking Rules came into play, then they would need to sight your identification.

You can get in contact using the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter,

Thank you!!

I did this and now sorted for connection this week!

Regards.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I want to know how to have my service changed from my old house to our new house

Highlighted

You need to place a move order (there are delays, so getting in early is best).

If that form doesn't work, then you will need to send a message via the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of "Get Help" screen) and someone will get back to you within a couple of days. If you have left it until the last minute to organise the move, you can mark the request urgent by clicking on the icon at the top right of the message screen.

Highlighted

I've been waiting for over 4 months for mine. They keep telling me it will be sorted out soon. What a joke

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit