Level 1: Cadet

Moving NBN box to new house

Hi all.

I am moving into a new home and the previous owner took the NBN box with them.

I was told that I wouldn’t not be able to bring my current NBN box with me since the boxes are assigned to a particular address.

Does anyone knows if this is true? If so, I guess I’d have to order a new box for the new address but I’m guessing Telstra will charge me for it.

Please let me know if anyone has gone though a similar situation and how did it got sorted out.

Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Moving NBN box to new house

Hello,  yes, the previous occupant should have left NBN's property there. If you're a tenant, speak to your agent or landlord.

If you email NBN from their website and give them all the proof of your situation. Telstra can will and  only possibly may charge you only if NBN charges them......so put your case to NBN.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Moving NBN box to new house

Telstra won't charge you for an NBN connection box. All you have to do is tell them that the previous tenant took it with them and they will organise for NBN Co to send a new one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit