Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Moving the Cable connection box on my house

Hi there, 

I had to move my services underground and thought i would move my cable connection as well.

I have tried to contact telstra and its impossible.  Who can i ring to get the connection point moved from one side of the house to the other.

Cabling work not required. As the HFC cable has been laid in the trench by the electrician.

Thanks

Roger

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Moving the Cable connection box on my house

An electrician (licenced cabler) can usually relocate sockets inside the house. Far easier to arrange it that way rather than through Telstra.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks @Jupiter , I need the box connecting the house to the pole on the street moved, as all our services from the street went underground. The electrician says thats a telstra job, and he is not allowed to touch it.  Inside the house is no problems

Highlighted

On top of that I went through the support on the Telstra App and they had no idea, nor could point me to any solution.

Highlighted

It will most likely be an NBN Co technician who does it, but that will still need to be organised through Telstra. I hope that the electrician just laid a conduit with a leadin as NBN Co would normally want to run their own cable from the pole to the house.

If you don't already have a Telstra Home Broadband account on that service, then you would need to request a new service with a plan (they can't just connect the house).

If you do have a service, then they will need to treat it as house renovation and all they should have to do is request the reconnection of the property.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks @Jupiter again. That confirms what I thought,  but I am struggling to find someone to organise this with at telstra. Which department do I ring?

Highlighted

Connections should be the best one to speak to, but if they can't help, then (and this might sound strange) the disconnections team in Adelaide are usually really good as they have had extra training and will probably be able to get you sorted out. (they are usually contactactable 7:30am to 7:30pm ACST).

Both can be contacted via 132200 (normally) or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to redirect you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit