Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Moving to new house trying to get NBN connection

On the 1st November the builder of my new house sent me a letter saying they had been advised by NBN that my unit was ready to connect and provided an NBN CO LOCID number. I understand the NBN is FTP. However, when I try to sign up with Telstra on-line I am told that NBN is not available in my area and I need to sign up for (high cost / low data) wireless broadband).

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Moving to new house trying to get NBN connection

The Telstra system uses data provided by NBN Co, so you may be in a Fixed Wireless area. What suburb/Town are you in?

You could also check your address on the NBN Rollout map.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks for replying Jupiter
I live in Harrisdale WA and the NBN rollout map says "You're ready to connect. The next step is to contact a phone or internet provider and order an nbn™ powered plan... nbn™ Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)".
Highlighted

If the area has only been very recently declared NBN ready, there can be up to 4 weeks before the updated data makes it to the Taps.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

It's been 3 months since I got notification that my new house was ready to connect and the suburb was connected well before then.
Highlighted

I would be calling Telstra to order rather than relying on the website in that case.
Highlighted

I have entered a few addresses for your area (minus the Lot number) into the Telstra address lookup and they all come back saying FTTP.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit