OOleo
Level 1: Cadet

My Telstra Smart Modem showed blue light

my Telstra Smart Modem g2 showed blue light, and I received email which sent from Telstra let me switch back to fixed network, and i was followed each steps, reset my modem but still not working. Please help me ASAP.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: My Telstra Smart Modem showed blue light

If you Smart Modem 2 has a blue light, it usually means the modem  has switched to 4G backup mode due to a problem with your NBN connection. If the NBN problem isn't fixed, it will stay blue - doesn't make sense that you would want it to switch back to a faulty NBN connection.

What state is the modem in now, after Telstra gave you advice to switch it back to fixed network? What colour is the indicator - Green (NBN) or Blue (4G)?

When you say 'reset my modem but still not working' what do you mean? Are you not getting internet on your devices? How are your devices connected - all by Wi-Fi? If any of them can be connected by cable have you tried that to see if that gets them working - try a laptop or PC that way. If that works then you have an issue with the Wi-Fi, which might just need some settings changed in the modem. But you will have to be able to connect to the modem to make the changes - i.e. with the laptop/PC connected by cable rather than Wi-Fi.

Try a cable and see how you go, then check the label on the bottom of the modem and advise here what the Make/Model is, and further assistance can be provided. You have to help us, to let us help you.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit