SK_
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN 100

Hi,

I moved from my cable plan to NBN, I was told that NBN 100 is available at my address by the overtly eager sales person who was in a hurry to sign me for a new plan. I also checked the NBN address checker Telstra website which verified this. After the move, I am stuck at NBN 50.

Is there any way this can be resolved? Has anyone else experienced this? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN 100

If you are on an HFC or FTTP connection, you can get the 100Mbps option.

Which plan did you sign up for? Only the "Premium" package has the NBN 100 included.

If you are on one of the Entertainment Bundles, you need to request for the Speed Boost to be added (+$30 per month).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GaJo
Level 2: Rookie

You are lucky! I switched from ADSL getting about 13 Mbps to the NBN 50 and now only get 9 to 10 Mbps.....

I am about to sit on the phone on hold, probably for hours again.

SK_
Level 3: Gumshoe

If you are on an HFC or FTTP connection, you can get the 100Mbps option.

Yes I am on HFC

Which plan did you sign up for? Only the "Premium" package has the NBN 100

Yes signed up for premium plan.

Due to COVID, Telstra is not taking calls of any tech nature or (maybe very reduced calls), so the strange part is they are very happy charging me for NBN100 but only provide NBN50. Its very frustrating.

Jupiter

Try sending a message via the My Telstra app on your phone (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Make sure you include you name and a clear description of your problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit