BuildThisLove
Level 5: Eagle Eye

NBN 250/37.5

Answered

Hi - hoping someone can point me in the right direction - Optus are now offering a speed pack of 250/37.5 - the up speed being notable - does Telstra offer this and where can I see more - nothing I can find on the website!

I've spoken to them and the total monthly price is $150 unlimited - or is this the 700-1000 speed and they're just low balling the down speed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN 250/37.5

Yes, I think RSP's that have simple to understand services will attract more customers.

It looks like Optus has taken the NBN Home Ultrafast package but whittled down the DL speeds to 250 Mbps, maybe as a way of getting more customers and better mileage out of their associated obligation 500-1000 Mbps NBN CVC carriage costs - sell three for the cost price of one,  don't know.

I am not sure how Month to Month/No Lock In Contracts impact on Telstra the Add-On Charges - if applicable it would seem logical that one could order the high speed package and if not satisfied after a month swap back to another lower speed plan.  

You may get some written confirmation from using the My Telstra Instant Messaging App for Sales Enquiries and hopefully a Telstra Support Team Member may also respond to your post and the uncertainty regarding no lock in terms. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Mkrtich

Hi - it's like guessing where the pea is in a moving three thimble trick by a Britain's Got Talent magician' show.

I looked at this at the beginning of the month and came away with the impression that it is not a heavily promoted Telstra service due to its availability being limited to FTTP and certain HFC customers only. It seems that when you look at NBN's web pages, the only way to obtain the nominal 50 Mbps UL service is to subscribe to a Home Ultra Fast service which has an accompanying 500-1000 DL / 50 UL.

RSPs have taken a different approach as to how they go to market - Telstra appear to offer 700 Mbps DL in their Key Facts Sheet Dated Feb 21 but the references UltraFast Add-On as 250 Mbps evening speed in Critical Information Statement (CIS) PDF dated 29092020 . I have questioned why there is an absence of the nominal day rate or if the 250 DL is a typo - there is a great difference between these figures and no mention of UL? No feedback to date. 

BuildThisLove
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks, nice analogy and seemingly correct....

It's like the old mobile phone days. I wish it could just be simple and wonder why it's not...

I can get HFC 250, but need the higher upload speed as I work with a lot of large files....

Mkrtich
Accepted Solution

Yes, I think RSP's that have simple to understand services will attract more customers.

It looks like Optus has taken the NBN Home Ultrafast package but whittled down the DL speeds to 250 Mbps, maybe as a way of getting more customers and better mileage out of their associated obligation 500-1000 Mbps NBN CVC carriage costs - sell three for the cost price of one,  don't know.

I am not sure how Month to Month/No Lock In Contracts impact on Telstra the Add-On Charges - if applicable it would seem logical that one could order the high speed package and if not satisfied after a month swap back to another lower speed plan.  

You may get some written confirmation from using the My Telstra Instant Messaging App for Sales Enquiries and hopefully a Telstra Support Team Member may also respond to your post and the uncertainty regarding no lock in terms. 

View solution in original post

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@BuildThisLove wrote:

Thanks, nice analogy and seemingly correct....

It's like the old mobile phone days. I wish it could just be simple and wonder why it's not...

I can get HFC 250, but need the higher upload speed as I work with a lot of large files....

Hi @BuildThisLove 

I think two of the better value providers are Aussie Broadband and Superloop for your needs.

I'd look into them and search for any sign-up promotion codes too.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit