MikevdZ
Level 1: Cadet

NBN activation.

I have been a Telstra customer for 4 years and when planning my relocation from Sydney to Brisbane, I was assured the move was easy and transparent. I placed an order in Nov 2017. All my follow ups with Telstra, I was assured the service will be active by 4 Dec 2017.

well, I have moved and install date has come and gone. I have spent countless hours on the mobile with Telstra offshore with the same result - a big fat zero. Same response, call back in 24/48 hrs. What type of service is Telstra providing. There is a perception that no one in Telstra understands the NBN process and blames the lack of service with the NBN. 

can I please request that my complaint with reference  SR 1-1345225087180.be urgently managed in association with the outstanding installation reference 1-1334810674711. I have so many references numbers, to many to manage without any results.

look forward to getting a response to my complaint with action to this broadband service to be provided this week.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
MikevdZ

Re: NBN activation.

Any response from Telstra on this request?  At least an update would be appreciated.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you moved in to a property that has NBN connected previously, or is it a new connection (or a non-NBN connected property)?

If it has had NBN connected previously, then there should be no need for a tech to turn up. If it is a new NBN connection, then if the NBN Co tech hasn't turned up and done their part (which Telstra usually only finds out about when the customer rings up to find out what the delay is), then all Telstra can do is re-book the NBN Technician.

If it is a non-NBN connected property that you are moving in to, then things can get messy with transferring your account details across to get the connection made (the system isn't really designed for that scenario), but it should be straight forward.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
MikevdZ

A strange response. Not sure who this is but"........ now I don’t care.

order cancelled and using a ISP based in Perth. Service to be provided in 48 hrs. Guaranteed. They listen, respond and show that they actually care about customers. Clearly this attribute is not on the agenda with Telstra in general.

Fgar

I got nbn installed 20 November and have been waiting for activation since. Still not activated.

many calls and hours to Telstra. Same bull every time. Nbn problem, they need more time to fix. Telstra called me to tell me it was time to move from cable service ti nbn. Cleary it was not time as system is not ready nor is it fit for service.teltra can't even be bothered responding. After 35 years I will be looking at options.

Jupiter

Telstra only send out those notifications when NBN Co tell them that your premises is ready for service. Unfortunately, Telstra have to take them at their word and cannot check prior to the switchover to make sure that NBN Co have done their job correctly for each property.

If it is a problem on the NBN side, then your options are nil other than putting in a complaint to the TIO about NBN Co.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit