Forwagy1
Level 1: Cadet

NBN and Brother HL1210W printer

I followed supreme being's suggestion to reset my printer settings, which has worked. However I can't get the printer / modem to recognise each other using the Brother quick reference guide instructions of pressing the pair button on the Telstra modem and the wifi button on the printer. I will need more detailed help for the technical settings on the modem for setting SSID etc.

As I recall it paired automatically with my old Netgear Router. Thanks in advance Gail

PS. I am having continuing screen display problems with the overlapping screens of Crowd support and my profile information on my Apple Mac. It makes it very hard to use.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN and Brother HL1210W printer

There could be a number of reasons the printer is not connecting. The first thing I would try is disabling Protected Management Frames (Wi-Fi PMF). PMF is a new WiFi security protocol that can stop some older devices connecting.  To turn of PMF log into the modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced > WiFi, scroll down the 2.4 GHz settings and look for either Protected Management Frames or Wi-Fi PMF, set to disabled or off and save settings. After turning PMF off try connecting printer.

Forwagy1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN and Brother HL1210W printer

I am pleased to report both my printers are now working...

For my Brother HL1210W - I've had to do a complete printer re-install connecting the MAC with usb cable to the printer. I then downloaded the printer driver from the Brother website and re-installed, which found the Telstra modem and prompted me for the password. I guess it is a very basic printer and doesn't have an 'update settings' capability.

My HP Photosmart Printer was much easier and found the modem and paired straight away.

Regards, Gail

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit