Level 1: Cadet

NBN availability in the rollout map but not updated yet in Telstra website

Answered

Hi,

I was just checking through the NBN rollout map and my address has NBN available. However, in the Telstra website, the address still has the only ADSL. I messaged a customer rep and she said they cannot help it. 

Furthermore, I search with other providers and they can provide NBN. Can I change to NBN from ADSL in such case right now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN availability in the rollout map but not updated yet in Telstra website

Normally it should only take a couple of weeks for an address in an area to show up after NBN Co declares an area serviceable (the update from the NBN Co database has to be patched to Telstra's system).

The consultant should have submitted a request to get the Telstra database updated on your behalf.

If the Telstra database doesn't have you as NBN serviceable, then the consultants can't process the migration request.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN availability in the rollout map but not updated yet in Telstra website

Normally it should only take a couple of weeks for an address in an area to show up after NBN Co declares an area serviceable (the update from the NBN Co database has to be patched to Telstra's system).

The consultant should have submitted a request to get the Telstra database updated on your behalf.

If the Telstra database doesn't have you as NBN serviceable, then the consultants can't process the migration request.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit