RodH1
Level 4: Private Eye

NBN connection Box

I have NBN fixed wireless which up until now has been good however My internet has failed and my service has been automatically transferred to a mobile phone network. Its been 4 days now and I was assured by SMS that a technician was needed to fix the problem and would be phoned by someone within 3 days. So far no call.

The NBN connection box only has the power light and the first amber light ( connection ) flashing. It has been rebooted many times and cables checked and Telstra's online tester has said it's faulty but it still will NOT connect. How do I get a technician to replace it ???? All on line trouble shooting has been done so now its time to get a technician to come and fix it .

How can I get this to happen?

Very frustrating indeed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN connection Box

If Telstra has put in the booking request to NBN Co to get a technician to visit, there isn't much you can do other than contact Telstra and tell them that NBN Co hasn't been in contact with you to organise a time yet.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
RodH1
Level 4: Private Eye

Twice now Telstar have made a booking to get an NBN Technician to come her and twice NBN co have texted me to say further testing was done and the tech is not needed .

Problem is the NBN Box still will not connect despite all of the rumblings from NBN co. Why can they not simply send someone out here to fix this problem? It's been out of service for 7 days now!!!

It's getting to the stage where I will cancel all contacts with Telstra after being with them for 40 years and find a provider that will/ can help.

I've had enough of being shoved around!

lionreader
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I have had the same experience with Telstra and NBN a few months ago. It went on for more than a week with multiple Telstra techs all giving conflicting information. The fault was intermittent but frequent - almost 5 drops every hour. So the smart modem wouldn't switch to 4g either.

In the end I lodged a FORMAL complaint with Telstra (thru their website) and got assigned a case manager; and "magically" after a couple of days after this, the issues got resolved (I don't know if it was NBN or telstra who fixed it). And then I argued further and asked for a refund / credit for the loss of service. During the outage I ended up switching the modem to 4G mode myself - by disconnecting the nbn router (the little black one) and also using my mobile phone as a hotspot.

Jupiter

Changing providers will not solve the problem.

NBN Co is the one cancelling the appointments, not Telstra. You will have the same problem no matter which provider you are with. It is NBN Co equipment that is causing the problem and it is NBN Co alone who can fix it.

Lodge a complaint with the ombudsman (tio.com.au) about NBN Co cancelling the technician's visit without confirming with you that the problem has been resolved. It's the only way to make them listen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit