Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN connection pending - Issues with telstra support & connection

Hi,

I'm a long time cable user been with telstra 20 years. Decided to connect with NBN to enjoy better upload speeds. Did the order online in feb/march they sent out nbn & telstra box/modem, connected everything up and waited. Than I waited some more, checked order online pending. I was not in a hurry but after a few weeks of waiting I contacted telstra via phone. This experience was very difficult as the wait times were massive (often 1 hour). Over the next couple of months I went through this process of waiting for an hour to talk to a rep that would tell me that they would "escalate" the order and it would be connected in 24 hours. After a couple months I realized the connection was never going to happen, one explanation from a rep was that the connections team overseas have gone home due to covid19 which seems fair at the time. After a long time waiting I made the decision to disconnect the service and go with another ISP. After putting in a order for disconnection this too was "pending" and i contacted telstra after the disconnection was taking too long. The rep from telstra informed me its the same overseas team as connections and I have come to the awareness that the pending order may never go through.

Issues

* huge wait times and the automated prompts hang up on you for any pending order or a rep will hang up on you if you do get through. The reps I have talked to say 24 hours when its never going to happen and to there credit they have no control over this as a third party overseas has to do the work.

* overseas offices don't seem to be doing anything about orders/pending from the notices that the reps are sending.

*I can't get connected or disconnected to the NBN this is holding up my NBN line so I can't get any internet connection. In my opinion telstra are lying to people when they know they can't do any work on connections/disconnections.

I had an unrelated cable internet issue and tech support contacted me back the next day on a sunday! and was willing to send a tech out the next day! This made me upset as to why I could get a tech within 24 hours but have to wait 3 months for a new nbn connection.

I'm spending my valuable time writing this information in the hopes It will get noticed, and action will be taken on my account. Additionally I hope this will assist other people who are experiencing this issue with telstra. In my opinion telstra are lying to people when they know they can't do any work on connections/disconnections.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN connection pending - Issues with telstra support & connection

No action can be taken with your account via this forum as nobody here has access to Account Information.

If you wanted to change providers, all you have to do is contact another provider and order a service through them. There is no need to disconnect your Telstra service as that is done via the porting process and is handled by the provider.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

There is no porting its a new connection the pending order that telstra have over the NBN line means that no other ISP can start a new connection.

Highlighted

If you ask to speak to the Disconnections team then they may be able to assist. They are in Adelaide.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit