EricPH
Level 1: Cadet

NBN connection problem

Answered
I just received NCD and smart modem three days ago. I follow the instruction to setup was successfully at first time. Running for two days, I turn off power both devices and tidy up cables. After power on devices. The NCD connection light stay solid red. No matter restart the NCD, never get connection back. How should I do with this situation?

I also noticed that my home phone is not working. I have dail tone, but can not make or receive a call

Thanks for help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN connection problem

A red light indicates a fault with the reverse power from NCD to Node. Check connection from NCD to phone socket and make sure there is nothing plugged into any other phone sockets. The phone should be connected to the Telstra Gateway. If you can't locate the problem ring Telstra NBN support on 1800 834 273

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN connection problem

A red light indicates a fault with the reverse power from NCD to Node. Check connection from NCD to phone socket and make sure there is nothing plugged into any other phone sockets. The phone should be connected to the Telstra Gateway. If you can't locate the problem ring Telstra NBN support on 1800 834 273

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit