Jon10
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Connection stalled

NBN available in Loxton SA on 21st January 2017.

Ordered NBN on 21st - was told 10 days for service to be working.

No NBN. Queried order, wa told the order person had stuffed the order so it would be another 5 days.

No NBN. Queried the order, was told the second order was stuck as the first was pending.

Requested a supervisor, was refused as they "couldn't help either'.

Asked for my contract expiry date as I was wanting out. To my surprise, I was told 3 times that I was out of contract.

Checked my original contract docs and am only 1 year into a 2 year contract which I took out so I would get NBN as soon as it became available.

No further contact from Telstra.

Filled out Telstra online complaint form - auto reply "We have 5 days........" Waiting.......

Today we received an unrelated call from a Telstra shop selling NBN to the area.

Told him what had happened and that we'd still heard nothing and are really unhappy with Telstra's lack of support.

He checked the Telstra order system and said that one of the drop down boxes had been skipped and that the order was going no where. Then gave us the order number, told us to cancel it and he'd enter a new order.

This all smacks of sleazy sales practices and a second rate telco.

Can anyone help me? 

(Many friends who live around our area received NBN within days of it being available but they are all with Optus or Internode.)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Connection stalled

As in you are waiting for your NBN to be connected, or you have an NBN Connection, but it's not working?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jon10
Level 1: Cadet

You tell me buddy. I'm on ADSL. NBN cabinet has been installed in next street. I'll be on FTTN. My current modem is VDSL capable.

Jupiter

Lazy programming if the system alows an order to be entered with incomplete information.

You will need to call 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273) and give them the Order  of the stuck order. They should be able to cancel it.

If the other salesperson has put through another order, it should then go through.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
silvergull
Level 6: Bloodhound

G'day,

This seems like my recontract from ADSL to NBN.

I placed my order on 26JAN17 received email for change over 02FEB17 received phone call 31JAN17 from "Case Manager"saying this order would not go through ("Reason:  Techincal Reasons" this reason appears to be one of Telstra's stock answers, another on is "wait  24/48 hours"

Now my point here is that on or around 26FEB17 to 31JAN17 Telstra changed their Bundle Plans and if you were a Recontracting Customer your order for NBN was rejected.

After original order was cancelled (14 days on) new order raised, all was well untill Foxtel was applied, "Telstra Foxtel Platimum" on ADSL to Foxtel "Hottest Entertainment Bundle" not the full Foxtell package, ok I now see that if you change/alter the order, then that order is either cancelled or delayed as was in my case in upgrading my Foxtel  to the full Foxtel package (not advised that this would delay my order) .

NBN Conected 03MAR17

Michael

Silvergull
silvergull
Level 6: Bloodhound

G'day,
Also lost the following, due to the fact that my original order expired on the 27Feb17, and I did not want to delay my NBN connection any further.

"order$99 Entertainment Bundle: Instructions on how to redeem your three months free Sports HD or Movies and Drama package are included in the Welcome Pack. Offer expires after 30 days if not redeemed. After three months normal charges apply to Sports HD ($35/mth; $39/mth from 28 March 2017) and Movies and Drama ($40/mth) packages unless you change packages earlier."
Silvergull

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit