RE-1
Level 2: Rookie

NBN created a problem for me. It has disconnected my CCTV security cameras.

Answered

Before the NBN has been connected to my premises, with the new modem, my 3 security cameras (YCC365 Plus) have been disconnected. I have those cameras functioning perfectly until the NBN stopped them functioning. I have tried hardly to re-enter the WI FI password, but still getting an error message. Friends even tried to reboot and re-set the cameras but it did not work. I am not finding any technician who can fix this problem. I need those cameras functioning again. I've paid $1050 to be secured in my home, not to lose them for Telstra mess. Any suggestions of how can I have this problem fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN created a problem for me. It has disconnected my CCTV security cameras.

You could call Telstra Platinum on 13 75 87 and ask for one of their technicians to come around to fix the problem. The fee is $240.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Dowser
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

@RE-1 wrote:

I have tried hardly to re-enter the WI FI password, but still getting an error message. 

Where were you entering the Wifi password?. (Where did you get the password from too?.)

What was the error message?.

RE-1

The error message is just an X error. I've got the password from the card that came in the NBN modem and the other piece.

RE-1

I tried to scan the code to the cctv camera lenses as per directions on the manual, but it's  still not working. I need to connect my cameras to my mobile as it was before the NBN happened and messed up things.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

This is probably due to certain settings for the modem Wi-Fi..

This requires you to access the modem GUI from a PC at 192.168.0.1 and log in using the default username of 'admin' with the password of 'Telstra'  (this info is on a label on the bottom of the modem.

There are two types of modem - one is Technicolor, the other Arcadyan and the process to access the Wi-Fi settings is slightly different for each and you haven't advise what make/model of modem you have..

The two settings to look for are:

1. Band Steering - turn this setting 'Off'. The result will be two Wi-Fi services - one at 2.4 GHz and the other in the 5 GHz band. The services can be identified by the name. The 5 GHz band has -5G added to the name. The passwords are the same. Save the changes you make before changing pages or exiting the GUI.

2. Protected Mode Frames (PMF). This setting is present in later firmware versions and is present for each Wi-Fi service. If band steering doesn't resolve your connection issue, try turning this setting off for the 2.4 GHz service at least (and save the settings) and then the 5 GHz service (and save the setting). Not all devices play nicely with PMF.

I would suggest you go through the setting changes one at a time and in between, check if your cameras will connect as they should.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser

@RE-1 wrote:

The error message is just an X error. I've got the password from the card that came in the NBN modem and the other piece.

Are other devices able to connect to the modem using the same username and password?.

RE-1

Thanks for the reply, but I need a technician to do all those trials. It's complicated.

RE-1

Yes. 

SteveW_52

Posted in error

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
SteveW_52

It's not really that hard, only need a PC or something you can open a web browser in. You can just take your time..  you will get some confidence in the modem and also be able to fix things yourself..

Plus it is the quickest way to fix your problem I think..

Stevo 52
RE-1

Hi. I know you're trying to help. But do think I know all those technical words and terms?  So for me it's complicated. Telstra should fix it because they have created/caused it. 

SteveW_52

OK, good luck with Telstra on that that.. because the modem is technically not actually faulty - you are trying to connect a non Telstra device so the problem becomes yours to deal with..

Do you know how to open a browser (Google)? It is really not much more difficult than that. if you can connect Wi-Fi cameras, you should be able to check and set the modem settings.

Do you have any tech savvy family or friends to help you? Where are you located, there might be some one in your area that can assist you.

Stevo 52
RE-1

The Telstra technician who fine the job swapped the actual piece that comes with the actual package with another piece, and kept both old and new modems connected. So now I have 2 modems and other pieces connected at the same time. Actually I haven't installed those cameras, but a professional did, and now he's it of reach. I allow myself to mention that yesterday staff from 3 telvesion channels (7, 9 and 10) knocked my door to get some playback to view an incident that happened in the street. They tried to re-connect my cameras, but we're not successful.  So other people tried and failed. I am located in Harris Park). I am still looking for a technician to do it.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You could call Telstra Platinum on 13 75 87 and ask for one of their technicians to come around to fix the problem. The fee is $240.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Dowser

@RE-1 wrote:

The Telstra technician who fine the job swapped the actual piece that comes with the actual package with another piece, and kept both old and new modems connected. So now I have 2 modems and other pieces connected at the same time.

Which modem does the incoming phone line connect to?.

RE-1

In fact Telstra has booked a technician to check the NBN connection in my home, cause they found out it's not functioning properly. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks a lot for replying.

RE-1

The new NBN modem, but it's functioning properly as they stated today. 

Dowser

@RE-1 wrote:

The new NBN modem, but it's functioning properly as they stated today. 

Then why is an NBN technician visiting?.

RE-1

Typing mistake..It's NOT functionning properly.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit