Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN Customer Service/Contact and General Wait Times (edited)

Answered

(Edit- for some reason marked as spam when posting a little while ago)

I placed an NBN order and received a confirmation email on the 9th May 2020. Since then no contact or status update for the next six weeks.

(30 June 2020) I tried to contact Telstra but was "herded" into using the Telstra app on my phone. All I go initially was an annoying "virtual assistant" Kodi, but then advanced to a human using the online chat msgs. I was then informed "so sorry so sorry for the wait, we'll find out what's going on" (words to that effect). Didn't hear a damn thing. No response whatsoever.

(14 July 2020) Contacted Telstra via the app "live chat" and went through the same process as before with god awful Kodi and then chat messages to an overseas support centre. I asked to speak to someone by phone and was told Telstra doesn't have the resources to facilitate that. I mean a communication giant that can't communicate *insertRolleyesEmoji*. The Telstra rep then gives me a phone number to speak to someone. When calling the number I am told to use the Telstra app via a recorded msg and disconnects. Given the further lack of communication I cancelled the order via the chat.

Although this is a complaint, I also want to ask why would I choose Telstra over it's competitors when it appear incapable of providing the very thing is exists to provide, communication! I wanted to stay with Telstra as I have been a customer since the late 90's and a broadband customer since about 2013/14. I'm not feeling the loyalty reciprocated.

So what would I seriously miss out on changing ISP's? Changing ISP's would be annoying for me as I have a number of bigpond email accounts and would have to wade through numerous contacts, utility accounts, internet accounts etc changing email address. Having said this I believe I will have to take this route soon anyway as Telstra will be swapping bigpond in the email address with Telstra anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Customer Service/Contact and General Wait Times (edited)

I am glad to say that the above issue has been fixed. I rang internode and after a 15 second wait I changed my ISP. If Internode can answer a phone, Telstra should be able to do likewise instead of the Covid 19 excuse.

I have no doubt there will be issues cancelling Telstra due to non-existant customer service but hey. All fixed Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Given the current COVID-19 restrictions in place overseas, there is a massive impact to all providers who have outsourced their customer contact centres. 

Although I read a few articles from telstra in which they are claiming to be hiring upto 3000 customer service constants onshore in Australia. Problem is, it's not exactly easy to find 3000 people with the skill set required at the snap of their fingers.

have you considered going into a store and speaking with a human just like everyone else?

Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi @Digstar

You wont get any official responses from Telstra on crowdsupport, it's just a community forum.

If you want an official response from Telstra, Try these.

https://twitter.com/Telstra

https://www.facebook.com/Telstra/

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

Or try these numbers, For a possible resolution to your problem.

Telstra Held Orders Team 1800 306 919

Telstra Tech Support 1800 461 799

Telstra Tech Support 1800 007 391

Telstra Tech Support 1800 063 234

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi @HostGiant 

I to have read these, From my understanding and I haven spoken to several x Telstra employees. Telstra put you through a 6week training course to teach you how to address customers and all the Telstra lingo, eg. CX = customer.

Apparently Telstra will be answering the phone again in 2022.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/telstra-to-have-australian-agents-answer-all-inbound-calls-from-2022-...

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

"Just like everyone else", implies I should have known I need to go to a Telstra store to explain my predicament and I should know better? Seriously? So Covid-19 has effected the largest Telecommunication company in Oz yet I am able to speak to representatives of other ISP's for quotes whose staff are also off shore. The "white knight" response on Telstra's behalf is very cringy.

BTW HostGiant I have indeed spoken to the Golden Grove store here in SA. Advice given was the same as my initial post. Your post was a reaction, not a response.

Highlighted

@Rohhan123Thank you very much for the above links in both your response. Very informative.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I am glad to say that the above issue has been fixed. I rang internode and after a 15 second wait I changed my ISP. If Internode can answer a phone, Telstra should be able to do likewise instead of the Covid 19 excuse.

I have no doubt there will be issues cancelling Telstra due to non-existant customer service but hey. All fixed Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I just rang the Telstra  NBN Transition Team. "Oops sorry. We not longer have that team. We've shut down. I changed from Vodafone in March because of pathetic service, yet here it is a day away from August and there is no assistance, no phone service. ...just pathetic. FIVE MONTHS. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.....

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit