Hel007
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN cutting out every single day.....

Answered

Since December 2017 i have been so unhappy with NBN. They sold me a 4GX WiFi to bridge the problems but it is not good enough! I have written down for the last 10 days every time there was no landline or no Internet. The list is very long! It happens daily and just now at 07.25 it was out again. NOT HAPPY Telstra! I am charged the full amount on the bill! This service is not good enough and I don't know how this problem can be solved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN cutting out every single day.....

You need to call Telatras NBN team on 1800 834 273, they can raise a fault to NBN depending on the outcome of there tests. If youve already spoken to them and feel they havent been able to help you, next step is to raise a complaint.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
343GuiltySpark
Accepted Solution

You need to call Telatras NBN team on 1800 834 273, they can raise a fault to NBN depending on the outcome of there tests. If youve already spoken to them and feel they havent been able to help you, next step is to raise a complaint.

View solution in original post

Hel007

I have raised this issue already 3 times. Lines have been checked. New modem. It still happens on a daily basis. The complaints have been followed up but it is still ongoing. Do we just have to put up with it? Not good enough! Obviously I am not the only person with the same complaint.
343GuiltySpark

Are you on NBN HFC?
Hel007

The way I am fobbed off each time is getting on my nerves and in the end nothing has changed.
And I am paying for a lousy service and a 4GX WiFi which I should not need in my own house!
343GuiltySpark

If the complaints team hasn't been able to reaolve this, next step you could try would be to raise a CEO complaint here
Otherwise you can raise a complaint with the TIO

Ricky6
Level 2: Rookie

i have the same problem for the last 3 months, have contacted telstra over 20 times and no fix yet. this is ridiculous
Hel007

I agree Ricky, it is just not good enough. Also I was fobbed off with the sales of a 4GX WiFi that I have to use in my own house - and pay for it!
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Hel007

I can understand any downtime is less than ideal however with telecommunications, unexpected outages, planned maintenance or faults can occur.

If you ever have trouble with your NBN service, my best advice would be to first check that there isn't any outages in your area.

You can check your address for maintenance or unplanned outages in your area online via the following link:http://tel.st/6x6a 

If there are no disruptions, it's best to do the following troubleshooting before calling:

Power off your T-Gateway modem, wait for 30 seconds and then power it back on. Give it 2 mins to reconnect

Next, power off your your NBN NTD, by turning it off at the power point on the wall. Wait for 30 secs and then power it back on. Give it 2 mins to reconnect

Afterwards, reset the T-Gateway to factory default settings. To do this get a paperclip, or something similar, and press and hold it into the reset hole at the back of the T-Gateway, keep in pressed in for 15 seconds. Give it 5 minutes to reconnect

If you need, you can find detailed instructions on the following link: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Broadband-nbn/How-To-Troubleshoot-NBN-Issues/ta-p/340795

If you experience issues after, you will need to contact our NBN team on 1800 834 273 and they will escalate this further. If necessary, they will arrange a tech appointment for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

DJDJ1
Level 1: Cadet

Since from Feb 2018 i have been so unhappy with NBN. The connection speed gets too slow that we are unable to watch an online video (tried different websites and confirmed it's not a website problem). Contacted Telstra on NBN customer care numbers for a couple of times and wasted 90 minutes. This morning had a chat again with Telstra and don't know the result of my an hour and a half time while at work. I paid full bill from last 2 months nearly $200 and I've been told no refund / reimbursement for my days on slow / no internet connections.... I've also lodged a complaint and will keep you posted on what happens next.
Budgie12

I know how you feel have being going through the same as everyone else in Australia, NOT good enough, so angry
jms2

XOZ

We have the same problem - seems many people do. As a business customer we can't rely on the communications in our office. Calls are dropping, internet on / off on it's own accord, Netcrap v7610 replaced 9, yes NINE times. NBN are saying there's no problem, TLS say it's an NBN issue, and no one is taking the basic responsibiluty o actually fix it. All the while the bills keep coming in for services that don't work. We raised the issue to TIO last year, and the nett result was credit to our account, but no actual fix to the core problem.
As someone who works in the IT industry with mid range / mainframe database engineering, I find it so hard to accept the purely rubbish excuses. When will someone actually take some action to correct the problems that the whole country is experiencing with this project? When will someone finally say "The buck stops here" and I will fix it. Local politicians point figures at the other party as being their fault. TLS points the finger at NBN as being their fault. Here's a few tips;
1. Govt - get rid of the NBN fiasco and hand it back to TLS. When TLS ran the network - everything worked, or was repairs/fixed in 24 hrs.
2. TLS - Get your useless "back of house" tech support in Manilla moved back to staff in Australia, that can actually achieve repairs/solve problems, rather than just shuffle the problem to someone else who never calls you back and is just reading a script from a screen.
3. NBN - Bye bye. I can't believe we actually continue to fund this pathetic organisation from our tax payer funds. Sure it's been kicked about by both political parties, so perhaps time to cut our losses and get rid of it. Stop buying the lowest bid on tenders, it just doesn't work and the "work" done is pure rubbish, by people/contractors who don't have any idea and don't care.
Rant over, I just want to see some positive changes and I know hundreds of individuals and business' share my views on the whole schmozzle
XOZ

Pointless - nothing is ever done to fix the problems!
XOZ

As the page moderator? Please my earlier post on the NBN / TLS problems that are never solved. No one takes any real responsibility to actually fix things. So you end up going around and around and just don't get anywhere.
mazinoz
Level 19: Deputy Director

Sounds like you are one of the people who have experienced one of the earlier NBN versions. Halfway through connecting our suburb it was part of the NBN hiatus setup to fix the problems of existing customers like yourself. Though I got a "you've been connected to the NBN" letter and heaps of ISP's flyers, the reality is I am not and it has been pushed back about a year. I hope you don't have to wait that long!
My understanding is that shortly later the copper part was sold to NBN.
I've found the Indian support centre much more problem focussed and less admin BS, no script reading and no argument about me having a line problem. TheTelstra techs came [after many arguments with a particular woman in the Phillipines] and fixed the wiring in our ancient telephone switch box and all six times WAS a line problem, one involving a nationwide outage. You need to call fairly early in the morning to get the Indian centre, but may also have difficulty with the emphasis they place on words, not similar to Aussie speech.
It is probably not the contractors fault, the stink begins higher up the food chain who looked for the cheapest labour available.
XOZ

Thanks for your reply - we're working on it,,,,,,

Stuart8858

We have a similar problem with our NBN FTTN connection dropping out numerous times a day. It is worse after wet weather. Last month we were without a service for five days until a technitian repaired the phone lines in the street.
We had to do a modem reset before the service would reconnect.
We have always had problems with noise on the telephone lines and I am convinced that we have poor quality copper lines in our street.
We are on a 200GB plan but are rarely able to use more that 28 GB per month because the connection is so unstable.
Would we be better off with a 4G Smart Modem?
ZoeH
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out, may I ask if you have had a chat to our NBN Technical Team on 1800 834 273 regarding your connection?

-Zoe

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

XOZ

Yes, tech help has been requested - no change in nett result.

JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team

Hi XOZ,

Please let our NBN team know on the number above that the issue still persists and they will look into this further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit