JH3
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Fixed Wireless Speed Question (note not a technical issue - query on what options are available)

Hi,

I recently joined the NBN Network and just took up a standard bundle. My download speeds are 25mbps and upload is 5mbps. Ive done some research and this seems to be the maximum speed for the particular tier I am on. How do I upgrade to a higher tier and is it worth the cost? (Note this speed is the same on all devices tested and I am using a Telstra T-Gateway router as supplied by Telstra with my bundle). 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tried looking in the Telstra FAQ's but cant find what I am looking for. Please post links if this is already outlined somewhere on here. 

Cheers

JH3

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN Fixed Wireless Speed Question (note not a technical issue - query on what options are availa

Telstra as a standard use NBN Tier 2 speeds (being the 25/5 you are receiving), up until recently this was the fastest Fixed Wireless speed NBN Co offered, however with Fixed Wireless you can now increase this up to Tier 4 speeds (being 50/20) for an extra $10 per month.

The details of the speeds and the speed boost (the 50/20 is the Very Fast Speed Boost) are on the Telstra website here:

http://telstra.com/speeds
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit