Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Fixed Wireless Tower range

Answered

What is an NBN Fixed Wireless Tower range?

I live 3.4 km from a tower and the NBN coverage map shows I don't have access

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Fixed Wireless Tower range

Hi - this site will show you local cell towers near to you that are NBN Fixed Wireless capable; also showing are 3G/4G LTE carriers. The cell tower near to you may not have NBN equipment. Enter your address and hover mouse over blue or green dot, click to open to see if NBN licensed frequencies are listed - 2300 Mhz and 3500Mhz. You can also explode the List Details link in the box to see all the sectors covered by cell, their Tx and Rx frequencies and even link to another page that shows you the actual Antennae ratings and specifications for the respective licence number.

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/site_proximity.main_page

You need to have line of sight between the Outdoor Unit on your roof and the cell tower. I  think once you lodge an application, Telstra will confirm if a service is feasible. It could be that NBN has decided not to provide Fixed Wireless due to lack of capacity issues in your area. They have decided to move 42,000 premises off a previous Fixed Wireless implementation plan to Satellite. If you have ADSL2+ or an exchange line, you are not obligated to move over to NBN. You can have both services operating at the same time if it fits your requirements. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Fixed Wireless Tower range

Hi - this site will show you local cell towers near to you that are NBN Fixed Wireless capable; also showing are 3G/4G LTE carriers. The cell tower near to you may not have NBN equipment. Enter your address and hover mouse over blue or green dot, click to open to see if NBN licensed frequencies are listed - 2300 Mhz and 3500Mhz. You can also explode the List Details link in the box to see all the sectors covered by cell, their Tx and Rx frequencies and even link to another page that shows you the actual Antennae ratings and specifications for the respective licence number.

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/site_proximity.main_page

You need to have line of sight between the Outdoor Unit on your roof and the cell tower. I  think once you lodge an application, Telstra will confirm if a service is feasible. It could be that NBN has decided not to provide Fixed Wireless due to lack of capacity issues in your area. They have decided to move 42,000 premises off a previous Fixed Wireless implementation plan to Satellite. If you have ADSL2+ or an exchange line, you are not obligated to move over to NBN. You can have both services operating at the same time if it fits your requirements. 

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit