Ogshermac
Level 1: Cadet

Nbn fttc box stuck on connecting after power loss

Hey everyone. 

Energex had to cut power to our house to trim trees yesterday, after power was restored our fttc box had 1 solid blue light and the connection light blinks for about 20 seconds, then clicks loudly  before going blank for about 10 seconds clicks loudly again  then repeats this over and over again (24 hours so far)

Box and modem have both me turned off and on again several times as well as a proper reset on both. 

We have a seperate house on our property with another fttc nbn connection and it is working fine after the power loss. 

Telstra has also been no help was on hold for 2 hours before being hung up on

Thanks for any help 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nbn fttc box stuck on connecting after power loss

The FTTC connection box or the DPU in the street is faulty. This often happens after a lighting storm or power outage. Suggest you either use the messaging function in the Help section of the My telstra app or use the smart trouble shooter here. You will be able to leave a message for someone to contact you.

Ogshermac
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply, 

I tried logging into the telstra app but it only shows my mobile phone service, not my foxtel/internet/home phone plan, do I need to manually add these services?

Or Can I contact the nbn Co to send someone out to check the connection? 

cf4

You can't contact NBN direct you have to go through Telstra. You don't need to have the NBN service attached to the My Telstra app. Just tap on the "Get Help" icon on the bottom left of the My Telstra app and then tap on the blue messaging icon on the bottom left of the app. Send a message describing your fault. If you get sent around in circles by a robot send a message that you wish to contact a consultant. You will only be able to contact a consultant between 8:00am and 8:00pm.

You should be able to add your NBN account to the app using this link

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/forms/Add-Account

Login using same ID and password you use for the My Telstra app.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit