Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN FTTC - NCD all lights lit up in blue but still no NBN connection

Hi,

Our NBN FTTC was installed last Wednesday (5 Sep).  All the lights on the NCD are lit up in blue but on the Telstra Smart Modem the online light is magenta (which means it is running on the backup 4G Network). 

I've been calling Telstra support with regards to this issue but until now they haven't resolved or give me a definite answer what is the issue.

First they told me that my Telstra Smart modem was faulty, I've replaced it last Saturday with a new Telstra Smart Modem and still the same results.  They are also telling me that is needs to sync with the NBN which they say happens every 6 hours but still the same results.

Anyone have encountered the same issue?

Anyone encountered t

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN FTTC - NCD all lights lit up in blue but still no NBN connection

What colour is the link light on the modem? It should be green.

Highlighted

Yes the link light is green.
I've also tried connecting a laptop to the NCD and it is not giving me an IP address.
Highlighted

If you log into the modem http://192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced > Diagnostics > Connection is there an IPv4 address or IPv6 address?

Highlighted

NDCSmart ModemAdvanced Page of Smart Modem WEB GUI

Highlighted

None.
This is what I've been raising with Telstra support but they are not listening, they just keep on saying that it the Smart Modem needs to be synced. How will it sync if it does not give an IP Smiley Sad
Highlighted

If its not getting an DHCP address then either Telstra or NBN have not configured your connection correctly the modem should only take a few minutes to synchronize. The training of the Telstra telephone support staff is not very good. If your not able to convince them that the fault is due to the connection being incorrectly configured you could lodge a complaint by ringing 132200 and saying reason for call is complaint or you can lodge a complaint online here

Highlighted

Thanks mate, I highly appreciate your inputs. I’ll follow your advise and will be lodging a complaint.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit