Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

nbn FTTC

Answered

Getting NBN FTTC soon, however copper phone line socket up 1.5 meters on wall in kitchen. Using Telstra cable/foxtel at present in the most suitable area -who moves the line to this location?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: nbn FTTC

Thanks -I was confused with the copper line info and thought I would need a phone outlet to run nbn -I now guess I can use existing telstra / foxtel cable and realise all old phone connections will be cut off.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

You do need the phone socket to run FTTC. It is delivered using the copper lines.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

A cabling contractor (most electricians) can relocate a phone socket.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks -I was confused with the copper line info and thought I would need a phone outlet to run nbn -I now guess I can use existing telstra / foxtel cable and realise all old phone connections will be cut off.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You do need the phone socket to run FTTC. It is delivered using the copper lines.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit