Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN FTTP connection lost

Answered

I lost NBN FTTP connection yesterday, went through troubleshooting steps including reset of connection box and factory reset of Telstra SmartModem no luck, the WAN/DSL light on the modem came on briefly after box power reset but then disappeared. Any ideas? Could it be I have to renter the PPPoE username and password in the modem settings? if so, is that the account email name? Where would I locate the password, is there a forgot password option? I eventually got to start a chat with Telstra after being detoured from their phone line multiple times, but it disappeared.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN FTTP connection lost

That's what I thought with the PPPoE but was scratching for solutions. Thanks so much, you have saved me more hours of frustration. It was always on the first port from when we moved in, not sure why it stopped working, but when I moved it to number 2 it is perfect, much better and faster than before. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The PPPOE username and password is not used on a Telstra NBN connection. The WAN/ DSL light should Green. Have you tried another UNI-D port on the FTTP connection box? NBN some times assign the connection to a one of the other UNI-D ports.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

That's what I thought with the PPPoE but was scratching for solutions. Thanks so much, you have saved me more hours of frustration. It was always on the first port from when we moved in, not sure why it stopped working, but when I moved it to number 2 it is perfect, much better and faster than before. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit