Cammyboy
Level 2: Rookie

Nbn fundraise

I wish we could fundraise money to improve nbn speeds in small towns on fixed wireless

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nbn fundraise

There's nothing stopping you from doing that, but you would want a fairly detailed Business Case ad NBN Co acceptance before you proceeded with any fundraising exercise.

You would also need to chat with the ATO about any Tax Liabilities that such fundraising may incur.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Cammyboy

I would need help in fundraising money to nbn co to upgrade our service where i am basically

Jupiter

If you are in a Fixed Wireless area, then it is a lot (massively) cheaper to do it as a neighborhood or whole of town upgrade. Upgrading a single property, or a small number of properties to FTTP is very expensive and has to satisfy a range of restrictive conditions.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Cammyboy

No I just wanted help to actually fundraise upgrade fixed wireless speeds, not underground fixed line as it will take 2 years they said that may happen. But I can't contact anyone from nbn co or telstra

Jupiter

What speeds are you getting on Fixed Wireless?

Cammyboy

50-60 mbs download speeds as that is the highest tier and I was hoping to help telstra upgrade speeds out here as fixed lines seem very invasive on houses

Jupiter

You won't get faster speeds on Fixed Wireless as NBN Co has limited the maximum download speed to 75Mbps on that technology type.

Cammyboy

Okay well it will take 2 years to upgrade 

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

You could get together a group of locals and make an appointment to see your local Federal member of parliament.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Cammyboy

Thanks I wouldn't know where my local member is as I am in a small town I guess Shepparton or echuca

Jupiter

Damian Drum's office is in Shepparton. 

Cammyboy

Do I email to book a quick consult

Jupiter

You would need to call his office to to that, but there are forms that you can fill out to provide feedback to him as well via his website https://www.damiandrum.com.au/contact/

Cammyboy

Yeah maybe a short visit would be easier

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit