Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

NBN Goes down everyday for Hours

Answered

Everyday my NBN Phone and Internet goes down for hours on end everyday When I tried to contact Telstra on Mobile Telstra App and message works part way then Freeze up so no futher contact on App Only thing is to wait for NBN To start up again as you can't contact Telstra no matter how hard you try What can I do ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Goes down everyday for Hours

Actually, it's the opposite. Medical Priority Assist customers are pretty much the only calls that they will take.

Try calling 132200 again. Your number should be automatically recognised by the system if it's the same one you registered with, but tell the robot voice that it's a Medical Priority Assist Phone Fault.

I should also point out that the Medical Priority Assist only applies to the Phone service and not an Internet connection (almost one and the same with NBN). Ask if there is any way you could get a new Smart Modem as that way you will have 4G backup for when the NBN connection drops out.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Hi..  that isn't good.

Can you advise what sort of NBN service you have and what modem/router make/model is installed?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Hi Steve

Fttn

White Smart modem F@st 5355 it is ok first thing in the morning then about 8.00am till 12pm drops out then comes back on then again in the Afternoon at times.

When I tried to tell Telstra they kept cutting out when I ended up getting a message to them they weren't Interested unless it goes out for 24 hours then will consider a rebate.

Highlighted

Do you have a phone service through that connection? Does that stop working too? if you need the phone for any medical purpose, that might make Telstra move a bit quicker..

it sounds more like a service problem which means it will come down to Telstra organising to test it and prove whether it is hardware or the NBN service, if it is NBN it will get passed to them to also check.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

The My Telstra app was updated recently, to v 56.0.47..  is that the version you are using?

Stevo 52
Highlighted

If that is the Lastest Yes i updated the app Thanks

Highlighted

Yes I have Proity assistance but was told not working during covid  

Highlighted

Contact re NBN

can anyone tell me how to contact NBN/Telstra by phone not able to use app and live chat isn't working before i lose Internet which is everyday When i have been able to talk to someone on Facebook was told no outage but mine goes down daily sometime for 12 hours Thanks

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Actually, it's the opposite. Medical Priority Assist customers are pretty much the only calls that they will take.

Try calling 132200 again. Your number should be automatically recognised by the system if it's the same one you registered with, but tell the robot voice that it's a Medical Priority Assist Phone Fault.

I should also point out that the Medical Priority Assist only applies to the Phone service and not an Internet connection (almost one and the same with NBN). Ask if there is any way you could get a new Smart Modem as that way you will have 4G backup for when the NBN connection drops out.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

When you say you can't use the app, what is going wrong?

In the My Telstra app, in Help | Chat, Use the word Priority when prompted.. I just tried it, got a response in less than a minute - but hey, it is early still!

Stevo 52
Highlighted

I should have added that in the app, you can also mark your message as urgent.

Stevo 52
Highlighted

by tapping the 3 dots in the top right of the message screen.

Highlighted

Yes Telstra/NBN has checked the Problem and it is Network fixed it Lasted 4 days down again Sunday back again Monday Phone is also contected to nbn box

Highlighted

It was what i was told by the overseas call centre because of covid not extra Assistance  but will try what you have said as it has come back on and now gone back down again Telstra says it is Network 

Highlighted

NBN Dropping out

Need to contact Telstra/NBN Re dropping out and talk to someone why this is happening have been told it is Network Related but it will drop out for hours then come back on they fixed it Tuesday somehow worked till Sunday then Dropped out again till overnight Monday  early and at this moment is still working so need to speak to someone to explain why it is still happening Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit