Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN HFC dropping out 15-20 times a day for sometimes hours at a time

I have had very frequent dropouts for the past nearly 2 weeks. It usually drops out every 1-1.5 hours and sometimes for long periods of times. The other day is dropped out for 8 hours. I have contacted Telstra multiple times, who said it was an outage, however it doesn't show up on 'outages.telstra.com.au'. They said the issue was network degradation and they had me book an appointment with an NBN technician, so I stayed home from work waiting for this technician who was meant to come at 9am-12pm and they ended up not showing up. I contacted Telstra and they said that I didn't need a visit from a technician as they were working on it remotely, so they didn't come. I asked if they needed to bring an NBN technician to the area as it is a network degradation problem and they said yes, then after I further inquired they backpeddled and said they didn't need to come and could work on it remotely. Unless this can be fixed very soon I am probably going to leave Telstra for Aussie Broadband.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN HFC dropping out 15-20 times a day for sometimes hours at a time

Hello, I am not a Telstra employee.

At the end of the day the network is owned and operated by NBN, not Telstra.

It is common knowledge that even Telstra,   NBN's biggest retailer, (as well as every retailer),   is having service issues because NBN is cancelling appointments, and not communicating it either.

It might be useful to run the Telstra Troubleshooter, for which a link is provided below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/troubleshooting-tool

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Hi I am having the same problem for as long as you have and not getting any answers from Telstra.

My area is Croydon in Victoria. What area are you? I’m really getting very angry with Telstra. I would rather support an Australian company but if this is what they give you I’ll go elsewhere. I hope they get this fixed by tomorrow but I won’t hold my breath.

Highlighted

I have cable same problem for the same amount of time

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit