wolffie_2020
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Home Connection

We recently had a technician appointment on 25th March to connect our NBN at home. We’re at a new property so the NBN cable needs to be run through the ground from the telstra pit into our home. He said he’d call NBN as needs more teammates to assist with this job. Haven’t heard anything. I’ve tried calling, messaging and emailing Telstra. Absolutely nothing. I know we’re living in different circumstances so a little bit of a delay is expected. But the issue is, we’ve tried to get NBN connected before but they couldn’t understand what needed to happen with the connection so we changed to mobile broadband, which is expensive and now I’m WFH it’s chewing through a month’s worth of data in 2 weeks. Any help would be appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Home Connection

Normally the homeowner is responsible for putting in the trench and conduit from the property boundary to the house. NBN Co then does from the property boundary to the pit and pulls the cable from the pit to the house and does the termination for the connection.

The only way to get an update would be to try calling 132200 and saying "Connections" at the prompt.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
wolffie_2020
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN Home Connection

Thanks, yes we have already done the first part required. I’ll give that number a go and see if I can get through. Many thanks for your help! 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit