Quiksilver
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Internet not connecting after move.

This is so utterly frustrating! I'd just moced from a rental property to my own newly built house. In the rental I have Telstra NBN. I had Telstra to disconnect on 6th Jun 2020 and connect my new house on the same day. The Telstra Tech came out in the morning of 6th Jun to install the Fibre Optic cable and hardware. He advised that the hardware test working ok. I'd to leave the internet connection part for a few hours as I needed to deal with the movers. Once movers bits were done, I attempted to get thd internet connection up by hooking up the Gen2 Smart Modem. I can see all indication LEDs to be what they should be but I can get internet access. I'd tried power cycling the NBN box & the modem but thst didn't help. Tried calling Telstra to only got hung up by automated service. Tried messaging Telstra through Telstra App & ZERO Response!!! What the hell is going on Telstra? People's life & work rely very much on Internet Access. Please so the right thing and STOP using COVID19 as an excuse to cut back on your call center. If you aren't happy to keep loyal customers, I'm more than happy to turn UNLOYAL!!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: NBN Internet not connecting after move.

Hi @Quiksilver

try this number 1800 007 391 it's for Telstra tech support hopefully they can help you.

Hope this helps.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Quiksilver

Thanks Rohan123! I called the no. U provided but was told to call another 1800 no. for the Move / Bigpond Team. And conveniently they don't operate on weekends. I won't hold my breathe for tomorrow as it is a public holiday. If anyone can shed any light here, I'll greatly appreciate. Thanks!

Rohan123

Hi @Quiksilver 

Sorry that happened to you, the Australian moves team is only open week days that is true.

I am sure however the Telstra agent you spoke to. just put you in the to hard basket.

If all the lights on your modem are green then it's not a moves team issue.

it's a tech issue.

Call back the number I gave and be insistent, or ask to escalate the call

Rohan

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Quiksilver

Hi Rohan123, I'm beginning to suspect Telstra did not perform a proper account transfer for me to my jew house address. In my Telstea App, I don't have any service listed while previously I have NBN Internet & Phone services. This could very well mean the disconnection team did their job of disconnecting me from my rental address & did not reinstate my services for my house new address. I'm speculating but otherwise the 'Internet' tab in the Gen2 modem will not be Green.

Rohan123

Hi @Quiksilver 

If what you suspect is true, then you might need to wait  till Tuesday to call the Australian moves team. under normal circumstances you would have received a moves order number when changing address, that should have ben trackable via Telstra my account.

sorry I couldn't help more.

Rohan

Rohan
Quiksilver

No worries Rohan. I did get a tracking no. for the move. It's status is seating at In Progress & I'm the final last 2 steps of "Pls plug in your moden to start using BNB service." Which I did the whole if last night & this morning with no success of being connected.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway!

Rohan123

Hi @Quiksilver 

Sorry I couldn't help more.

told you all I new, good luck with getting your connection sorted

Rohan

Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit